For Cartoon Lovers

People often ask me where I come up with the ideas for my cartoons, and my answer varies.

Often they come from direct interactions with people and the situations I observe around me.  Being perceptive to my surroundings is a big part of it.

Staying on top of current affairs is also helpful for gathering information that an audience can relate to, but it's also because my perception of events is my own.

I like to get ideas from my own experiences. By paying close attention to the details of situations and not taking anything for granted, my mind buzzes with ideas, all of which are not funny, and some can even be maniacal but they're all part of the process of taking information and breaking it down to its lowest common denomenator- its root and purpose in reality.

I've been in Texas for about two weeks now, and the interactions and experiences here are new to me, so the creative ideas I have are a direct response to the environment.

I read a sign the other day that said Coors is sponsoring a bull riding competiton. Of course they are. Coors goes well with Bull and Veuve Clicquot is probably too busy sponsoring the Yacht Club Race. I like things that I wouldn't have thought about had I not been exposed to it, like Rodeo Bible Camp, or solar powered electric fences.

Sometimes the ideas just come to me. It depends on my perception as to how I formulate them, but right now, Texas is a big inspiration.  


You can get the First Edition of "Sun Gone Nova" a collection of cartoons on Amazon and other select book retailers but if you're a real cartoon lover and you'd like an autographed copy, they're only available here on Ebay.

Comments

  1. Thanks Huang-
    Cherish life, time and the elements of web links ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts