A Dream & Reality



Part (1)  I had a dream last night that I was in a meeting with an acquaintance. We were discussing something rather important (I can't remember what- perhaps it's the answer to the whole dream) but anyway, we were interrupted when someone stormed into the room, pointed at the window and yelled that there was a hawk outside.

Fascinated, I flung open the curtains to see what he was talking about. Suddenly, (as occurs in dreams) I was on the roof of the building and I saw two flying eagles holding a large leafy branch.  They landed near me on the roof and with close perspective, I could see that they were two baby bald eagles.  I turned to ask someone to hand me my camera, and when I focused the lens toward the eagles, they weren't eagles any longer, but two lithe black cats with a look in their eyes that hinted at something more cryptic, and they walked toward me like the snakes on the head of Medusa.

Part (2)  Then today (in real life) as I was knocking at a friend's door, I spoke to a neighbor who was searching for 2 quarters for the laundry. I offered him two quarters, and then went on with my day.

Much later that afternoon, I was walking on the boardwalk, and I found a dollar in my path, so I picked it up and thought to myself how lucky I am that I made a dollar on my walk today.  Then it occured to me that there was more than one way to look at it.

On one hand I have made a dollar, end of story. But on the other hand, I only made .50 cents, because I gave away .50 cents earlier. Although, it could also be said that I doubled my money.

And interestingly, I decided to use the image of two quarters for this post and as I placed the images of the 2 quarters above, I realised that I was looking at two eagles holding a branch.


**additional weirdness just in**

A friend just called to read to me a eulogy he had written & to tell me about his experience at the wake. He told me the story of an eagle that followed the car from the funeral all the way to the wake. He said that there had also been recent sightings of two eagles in the area, which was unusual.  At this point he had no idea about the dream I've reiterated above.  He then told me that he found a $100 bill in front of him before the funeral and he insisted it be used to buy refreshments for the wake and he was given back $1 in change.

While he was telling me the story, I heard a loud crash in the background. I asked him what it was, and he said that it was a glass that flew off the top of the refrigerator a few feet away from him- just as he was hanging a crystal memento from the funeral onto the ceiling.

And lastly... just as I sat down to write this addition, the radio began to play the Eagles.

Comments

Popular Posts