What to Wear on a Job Interview with the Devil.

Hint: Prada isn't a bad choice. 

So, a funny thing happened... I read this great article via Glamour, What to Wear on a Creative Job Interview, a day after I embarked on a creative job interview. It has some great suggestions so click through to read it. I also found this article today from WhoWhatWear.com, How to Dress For A Job Interview. It boasts some stylish items to wear for other types of jobs. I'm happy to say that I love what I wore to my interview, without having read either of these articles first.

Here's what I chose for my meeting with a creative office in need of my super powers: 



I wanted to wear something less dressy since I learned the interview would be held at a home-office in Malibu. Malibu just isn't the place to wear my slick Galweather & Stearn Executive pencil skirt and heelsSo I had to think of a new option, quick. 

After scouring the depths of my wardrobe, I chose this pair of skinny black slacks, with black on black crystal encrusted flats, a sheer sapphire blue button up with a fitted black shell underneath, and I tied it all together with a bright white double breasted blazer. I held my hair back in a sleek ponytail, one bracelet, single pearl necklace and my favorite ring, a tiny frog wrapped around my ring finger. (Note: It's still a frog, and not transformed into a prince, just yet.)

I felt creative and confident without looking too corporate or casual. Then I walked into what I thought was an interview, but turned out to be more like a gladiatorial battle in the Flavian Amphitheatre. The interview was anything but normal.

If you're curious as to why, it was a game designed by this diabolical creative leader as a surprise group interview with multiple people vying for the same position (super fun ...not.) One of the interviewees wondered if we had unwittingly walked into an impromptu episode of The Apprentice. 

The next 3 hours (yes, 3 hours!) were spent in a competitive Q&A designed to root out the weak and coddle egos. To be honest, the concept and itinerary were well planned and executed by our eccentric host and his "Chief of Staff," albeit flippant and ungracious considering we had unwittingly walked into this makeshift game-show. But I maintain that any interviews after this will be childsplay. 





Comments

Popular Posts