God is a Purple Platypus


Ok, I know it sounds like a ridiculous statement, but if you had been told that God was a purple platypus since you were a kid it would sound totally normal.

I'm not going to tell you that a purple platypus exists just because I believe it should, but I'm not going to tell you that a purple platypus doesn't exist either.  For all I know there's a hundred of them having tea with a unicorn right now somewhere in the forest next to Bigfoot's cabin.  We discover new species all the time, why not?

But I don't know why the majority of people feel that they must choose sides.  Either you believe in purple platypus or you don't. You pick one (or if you're lazy you let your mom pick for you) and then you try to get the other side to see your way and then what? You win a prize? What would happen if the whole world had one belief? Would solely the will of existence make it so?  Well if that were a possibility, I guess I'd chose to believe that the purple platypus exists as opposed to not.  It's more fun that way, but why does anyone have to insist that we all have one agreed upon wish?

My purple platypus is free will.  I want everyone to have it.  And I hope your free will takes you somewhere really cool and different than mine and we can talk about it and debate the pro's and con's of it over tea with unicorns.  But if you'd rather not, then that's cool too.

Comments

  1. But my Pink Pony offers the only way to get to heaven. It's in this book, see? So, have all the fun you want in your purlpetude, but that platypus is leading you straight to that other place that's sorta like Phoenix without the cactus.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts